You’re already an IU student. Now become an official SICE student.
Enter SICE from University Division
If you’re in University Division (UD), you need to meet certain requirements to officially enter our school.
After meeting these requirements, you’ll automatically certify into SICE—you don’t need to do anything else. We’ll let you know when you officially enter the school.
If you have questions or would like to meet with someone in SICE, please contact one of our advisors.
- Declare either the B.S. in Computer Science or the B.S. in Informatics as your major (your UD advisor can help you).
- Complete 30 credit hours of coursework toward your SICE major with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0.
- Complete the English composition requirement (ENG-W 131 or equivalent) with a minimum grade of C.
- Informatics pre-majors only: Complete INFO-I 101 with a minimum grade of C.
- Declare the B.S. in Intelligent Systems Engineering as your major (your UD advisor can help you).
- Complete 15 credit hours of coursework toward your ISE major with a recommended cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Complete the course ENGR-E 101 (Engineering Innovation and Design).
- Complete a course equivalent to IU’s MATH-M 211 (Calculus I).
For more information, please contact Kelly Nelson, email@example.com.
Change to, or add, a SICE major
You’ll need to meet the same requirements as University Division students, and then you can complete a form to change to or add a SICE major.