SLIS faculty member, Katy Börner is one of the chairpersons for the Conference on Visualization and Data Analysis (VDA 2007) to be held in San Jose, CA. This conference is a part of the IS&T/SPIE's International Symposium on Electronic Imaging 2007. The conference code for VDA 2007 is EI-108.
Conference on Visualization and Data Analysis (VDA 2007)
January 28 - February 1, 2007
Call for Papers (Due Date: July 17, 2006)
- Robert F. Erbacher, Utah State University
- Katy Börner, Indiana University
- Matti Grohn, CSC - Scientific Computing Ltd
- Jonathan C. Roberts, University of Kent at Canterbury
- Ming C. Hao, Hewlett-Packard Labs
- Pak C. Wong, Pacific Northwest National Labs
This conference covers all aspects of data analysis and visualization as well as issues affecting successful visualizations. The conference has grown rapidly over the years and has attracted participants from throughout the world. We invite you to contribute quality papers covering research results as well as commercial applications and works-in-progress.
- Full papers (8-12 pages) are due from authors by July 17, 2006.
- Short papers and abstracts will be considered for poster presentation only.
- As with last years conference we expect to provide onsite proceedings.
- Analysis Techniques and Data Mining
- Visual Analytics
- Biomedical Visualization and Applications
- Data Exploration Using Classical and Novel approaches
- Databases and Visualization
- High Performance Computing and Parallel Rendering
- Information and Scientific Visualization
- Interaction Paradigms and Human Factors
- Internet Imaging, Medical Imaging, Image Processing
- Internet, Web, and Security Visualizations
- Perceptual Issues covering Visual and Auditorial Representations of Data
- Tools and Applications (including case studies)
- Virtual Environments and Data Visualization
- Visual Data Mining
- Volume and Flow Visualization
- Generic Visualization Frameworks and Infrastructures
- Knowledge Domain Visualizations
The conference organizers will also accept poster only presentations, suggestions on panel topics, and suggestions for invited speakers.
Posted June 20, 2006